I absolutely look forward to the month of October. Maybe because we start getting a glimpse of fall weather and I just love it!! The warm and delicious aromas of pumpkin spice and cinnamon are starting to fill the air.
It’s the perfect time to indulge in tasty treats with the family, especially with Halloween just right around the corner. I’d like to share a yummy Halloween treat that I enjoy making with my family and hope you will enjoy also. [ Related :: Fall Festivals ]
These cupcakes are made from scratch and are easy & fun. My daughter Ella helped me baked these cup cakes and decorate them too. She completely takes over the baking and decorating. As my son Nathan would say “Let’s get our sugar crush on”! [ Related :: Baking with the Boys and Empowering Helping Hands ]
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes Cook Time: 15 Minutes Ready In: 30 Minutes Servings: 12
|All purpose flour||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sugar||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Vanilla extract||2 Teaspoon|
|Eggs||2 (At room temperature)|
|Heavy cream||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Baking powder||2 Teaspoon|
|Frosting (your choice)||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. Cream butter with sugar until its light and fluffy on a stand mixer or by hand using a whisker.
3. Add eggs, vanilla to the mix and continue to beat at a very low speed.
(I add about 1/3 of pureed fresh strawberries) Ella’s demand. you don’t have to.
4. Drop in cream, baking powder and salt and continue to mix.
5. Gradually add flour and continue mixing until a nice batter is formed.
6. Slowly pour the batter in cup cake moulds until they are 3/4th full.
7. Place the cup cake tin in the oven and bake them for about 15-20 minutes. Set the timer
for 15 minutes and then keep an eye on them to bake to your liking.
8. Let the cup cakes cool down.
9. Meanwhile, put the frosting in a piping or regular bag.
10. When the cup cakes have cooled down, decorate the cup cakes with frosting.
11. Decorate the cup cakes with the desired toppings and serve. Get creative and just look for anything around the kitchen. You can use chopped or pureed fruit if you like. I love baking cakes and cupcakes, however I am not the best decorator but at least they taste really yummy! Enjoy!