It has come to my attention that my husband doesn’t know a few of the things I am entitled to do simply because I am his wife. For example, the ongoing agree-to-disagree, in which the wife always wins round one.
Then comes the obvious others like:
- Reminding him of upcoming bills… weekly.
- Pretending to be in a deep sleep when baby cries for a bottle at 2am.
- Stare at him annoyingly while watching “The Big Bang Theory.”
- Pleading not to make noise when getting ready at 4am because it will awaken kids 2 and 3… In other words, “go live in the garage.” Haha!
- Gladly cook chicken, rice and broccoli 4 times a week. (Fast, easy and cheap!)
- Hoard papers, candy wrappers, and trash on the side of the drivers door
I mean, I could go on indefinitely about how my behavior is justified by the simple fact that because I am your wife, it’s completely acceptable for me to drive you nuts!
But, on the other hand… because I’m your wife, I will always:
- Pay a bill without you noticing because I know when times are rough.
- Even if I pretend to be asleep at 2am, I get up anyways to put baby to sleep.
- Continue to stare at you during your favorite show, reminding myself of how I long to grow old together.
- Wait for your good-bye kiss at 4:30am.
- Surprise you with “arroz con leche.”
- Clean your car interior with Pledge and a little Febreeze.
And I will always love you….because I chose to be your wife ’til death do us apart.