I was texting Vannessa the other night and telling her how I wasn’t feeling well all day. She responded saying that she thought I was trying to tell her I am pregnant. My response was, “Ha- NO!”. As much as I would love to have another baby, No, I am not pregnant. Are you?
10 Signs You May Be Pregnant:
1. Missed Period: It is possible to still get a period when pregnant but this is the most common sign of pregnancy.
2. Spotting or Light Bleeding: This is implantation bleeding which occurs about 6-12 days after conception.
3. Sore Breasts: This is also a common sign of your menstrual cycle but is the most apparent in early stages of pregnancy.
4. Fatigue: You may be feeling tired and or even exhausted. (I was EXHAUSTED the first two months!)
5. Nausea and Vomiting: This usually shows up between 2-8 weeks after conception. Usually referred to as “morning sickness”, but it can happen at any time of the day. (I usually felt sick at night. Vannessa was sick all day most days with her third pregnancy.)
6. Headaches: These occur because of the rise in hormones in your body. (The headaches I experience while pregnant were awful and felt like migraines.)
7. Frequent Urination: You may start to notice this about 6-8 weeks after conception.
8. Darkening of Areolas: The skin around your nipples may get darker.
9. Sensitivity to Smells: Certain smells may make you feel sick or lightheaded.
10. Food Cravings or Food Aversions: Pickles and Ice Cream anyone? I craved edamame and white rice the first four months I was pregnant. By six months, I was craving lemon on everything…even my pizza! My food aversion was to pickles. I like pickles but I could not eat them while I was pregnant.
Let me remind you that the only way to know for sure you are pregnant is to visit your OBGYN, but most pregnancy tests can confirm your results and are 99% accurate. Your health is extremely important when you are pregnant because you need to take care of yourself and provide the proper nourishment for the baby growing inside of you. There are vitamins you have to take and you must form healthy eating habits. If you believe you may be pregnant, pick up a pregnancy test today. If you are pregnant, let us know if you experienced any of these signs. We love to hear from our readers!!!!