Does this weather not make you want to cuddle up next to those kiddos and eat soup on the couch while watching a Hallmark Movie? My kids always out-vote me and it’s usually hot chocolate, soup and The Polar Express. Nonetheless, love nights and days like today!
I love soups and am always on the hunt for awesome soup recipes. I was browsing Pinterest when I came across a pin of this soup – 8 Can Taco Soup. I did substitute the canned chicken for cooked chicken breasts though.
I have to tell you that this is by far one of the easiest soups I have ever made. Not to mention one of the most delicious!
- 1 (15 oz.) can black beans
- 1 (15 oz.) can pinto beans
- 1 (14.5 oz.) can petite diced tomatoes
- 1 (15.25 oz.) can sweet corn
- 3 cooked (and cut into 1 in. pieces) chicken breasts
- 1 (10.75 oz.) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (10 oz.) can green enchilada sauce
- 1 (14 oz.) can chicken broth
- 1 packet taco seasoning (I used Pace and it was a tad spicy. Switched over to the HEB or Hill Country Fare brand and it was much better!)
- Mix all ingredients together in a large pot. No need to drain any of the canned goods – just dump it all in!
- Heat until warm, stirring occasionally.
- Top with your choice of tortilla chips, cheese, avocado and sour cream.
I think it averages at about 300 calories per cup. Not too shabby.