Brrrrr…I thought we were done with these cold temperatures! With this most recent pregnancy I have been feeling chilly more and more often. Cold weather definitely makes me want one thing: SOUP! I want to share two super easy recipes that I know you all will LOVE!
First – Chicken Tortilla Soup.
Tasty, EASY, and heartwarming. Perfect for those nights when there’s a chill in the air, or you feel a sniffly nose coming on.
- 3 chicken breasts
- 3 cans Rotel
- 1 can corn
- 1 can black beans (drained)
- 1 48 oz. box chicken stock
- Turn the crockpot on high.
- Place all ingredients in the pot.
- Cook for 4 hours, or overnight.
- Serve sprinkled with crushed tortilla chips and shredded Mexican blend cheese.
Second – Tomato Basil Soup.
It’s hearty, creamy and delicious, and it takes me back to my wedding day. This soup is perfect for dipping a golden grilled cheese sandwich!
- 3 cans fire roasted tomatoes with garlic
- 1 7.5 oz. container chive and green onion cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons of chopped, fresh basil
- 1 48 oz. box of chicken stock
- Bring the cans of tomatoes and chicken stock to a boil in a large, heavy bottomed soup pot.
- Turn down the heat (to medium low) and add the cream cheese and basil.
- Simmer for about 5-7 minutes, or until the majority of the cream cheese is melted.
- Remove from heat.
- Once the soup is cooled, pour in batches into a blender.
- Blend until smooth.
- Serve hot.