Having Twins? Here are some suggestions to help you create your registry.
To get you started, here is a word of advice based on my experience in creating a registry; Do your homework before you go! Do some research on brands, styles, etc. Walking into a baby superstore can be overwhelming. Getting through one small section of the store can take hours. Be ready to spend some time there and make plans to go back another day so you don’t feel you need to get it all done in one day. Oh, and if you’re taking your husband along make sure he eats before he goes. Shopping for baby items on a full tummy will help you both get through the time you’ll spend at the store.
- Sleep Sacks and/or Swaddles – my favorite are the Summer Infant Swaddles
- Receiving blankets – my favorite are the Aden and Anais
- Bottles/nipples– in various sizes (We prefer Dr. Browns)
- Bibs– you can never have too many
- Laundry detergent – Dreft or Cheer Free and Gentle
- Diapers – in varying sizes they grow quickly (and in different brands- you may like one more than the other)
- Wipes- lots of them!
- Fisher-Price bouncy seats (2)
- Strollers– a double stroller (Graco Duoglider is a recommended product) and 2 umbrella strollers
- Car Seats– Register for the infant carriers (Graco SnugRide is great) and then register for the next size up one as well. The next size up car seat is a huge expense x 2 so if someone or a group of friends is generous enough to get you one that’s wonderful!
- Sun visors for your car windows
- Cribs (2)
- Pack-n-play (2)
One Will Do
- Baby Bathtub
- Diaper Pail
- Changing Table Necessities
- Diaper Bag
- One breast pump will be fine if you’re breast-feeding.
- One breast feeding pillow will suffice. (If you plan on bottle feeding, two pillows may come in handy if you’ll have help feeding the babies.)
- One first aid and baby necessity kit should be enough
- Thermometer, vaseline, aquaphor, brush/comb and nasal bulb syringe (you’ll probably get a couple free at the hospital). I also recommend the NoseFrida Nasal Aspirator.
- Bumbo Seat
- Swing– if you have the space
- Bottle Warmer – or you can warm on the stove
- Wipe Warmer – nice luxury
- Baby Lotion and Diaper Rash Cream
- Onesies (including long sleeves), socks, mittens, hat/beanie, pants, rompers, sleepers, and other basic clothing. (You will get a lot of outfits, so it’s best not to register for them.)